[linux-dvb] Re: [help] Failed compile of linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1

Hello,

On 24.04.2004 10:33, Ty wrote:
I (hopefully) have a simple problem that someone can help me solve.
bt878 based cards are not easy to get running, especially with vendor kernels (see below).

When I compile the linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 using the build-2.4 directory I get 2 compile errors saying V4L2_BUF_FLAG_INPUT undeclared, first use in function videobuf_status_Rsmp_48270791 in file videobuf.c
> I have an bt878 card (Avermedia AverTV DVB-T) and I am using Mandrake
> 9.2, kernel 2.4.22-29smp.

You are using a Mandrake "vendor kernel", right?

It seems that Mandrake patched their 2.4 kernel to include some version of Video4Linux-2 support. The Avemedia bt878 driver needs a recent version of the bttv Video4Linux-2 driver. Because of the fact that the version in the kernel is too old, the DVB driver fails to compile.

I have followed the instructions in the file README.bt8xx and downloaded the latest video4linux snapshot (video4linux-20030626.tgz) so I can compile an external package for the latest bttv driver. This (make; make install) seemed to work - no errors. How can I check to ensure it is working?
Make sure no bttv driver gets compiled and there is no bttv installed in /lib/modules/<your kernel>/.

Install the bttv driver from the "video4linux" package, then compile and install the dvb driver. "modprobe -ae" will show you if all symbols from all modules are satisied. If so, you can load the drivers.

I have downloaded the latest firmware (dvb-ttpci-01.fw) and put in my build-2.4 directory and then make. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?
The firmware is for Technotrend/Siemens/Hauppauge DVB cards only, you don't need it.

Is there some way I can make sure I have the prerequisites needed setup and running (I2C, V4L)?
Use 2.6.5, apply the patches from the "patches-2.6" directory. It's much easier to get going.

Thanks
Ty
CU
Michael.