[linux-dvb] Re: [query] build of linuxtv-dvb1.1.1

I have the same problem with the mandrake kernel source - if you
delete the .version file each time before you run make it gets the
version right

Ty wrote:
Hi,

I am still trying to solve my compile problem (re: previous message to this list) and I noticed that a files names .version is getting generated by make. I think it is meant to contain the kernel name, mine is 2.4.22-29mdksmp. The .version file always has 2.4.22-29mdkcustom in it though. I assume this is a problem since the module files must be getting installed into the wrong /lib/modules/<Kernel Name>/... directory.

Can anyone confirm this?
If yes, I will manually change the .version file contents to the correct name. Unfortunately I tried this temporarily and it did not resolve my compile errors.

Thanks,
Ty

--
Simon Kilvington, s.kilvington@eris.qinetiq.com