[linux-dvb] Hauppauge DVB-s Nova problems (szap gets no lock on first run)

Hi,

i've recently bought a Hauppauge DVB-s Nova card (frontend: saa7146b),
installed it and tested it with Win98 => No problems.
Then i booted my linux-box (kernel 2.6.5) and used the shipped
kernel-drivers, then the drivers provided by linuxtv-dbv-1.1.1 and
afterwards the current cvs dvb-kernel. All drivers recognized the card
correctly, scan for channels seems to work correctly, but if I try to tune a
channel, I have to execute szap, kill it and start it again to get a
FE_HAS_LOCK. This behavior occurs reproducable on all channels. If the tuner
has a lock, i'm able to view the stream using dvbstream and mplayer.

I digged around in szap.c a little bit and found out that check_frontend
loops until a channel is tuned. For my card, this seems to be not enough. It
works fine for me if i loop in zap_to the following way:

while (1) {
   if (diseqc(fefd, sat_no, pol, hiband))
      if (do_tune(fefd, ifreq, sr))
	 if (set_demux(videofd, vpid, 0, dvr))
	    if (set_demux(audiofd, apid, 1, dvr))
	       result = TRUE;

   check_frontend (fefd, dvr);
}

I still had no time to figure out if my card needs another call of diseqc or
do_tune to tune correctly. I will try that again tonight.

Has anybody had similar problems or any solution without "hacking" the
sources? Am I missing something?

Greetings,
Chris