[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan troubles

Måns Rullgård wrote:

204, it's got something to do with error correction.

I wrote that bit of the driver :p) (All 5 lines of it, Jamie did the heavy lifting)

iirc they forget to tell the tuner module to strip the ecc bytes from the back of the TS packet and just pass them through. This might be useful except that the tuner has already done the error correcting and thus they are redundant. Like I said, it's been a while since I had my head in the code.

You can only read the TS from the device for non-CI cards, otherwise you have to post-process it yourself first.

I use mine in concert with mplayer and my projector as my main TV, so it gets daily use. Does not mean it's not a pig of a card though!

I have just ordered some hardware to help me with my quest for getting the CI working.. hopefully in a couple of weeks I get some time to start.

Regards,
Brad