[linux-dvb] Re: Fwd: Re: DEBI irq oops, crashes: kernel 2.6 &Hyperthreading unusable with DVB

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> > It also crashes when recording and watching at the same time.
> > Just having pci=noacpi and acpi=ht also doesnt give me only
> > edge-triggered IRQs. They still are on level and DEBI-messages
>
> IMHO this edge-triggered irq foobar is bogus. Edge triggered
> irqs are legacy/ISA-bus stuff, as they prevent reliable
> irq sharing. PCI uses level triggered irqs only.

Ok. It was just because someone mentioned that I should try edge-triggered
IRQs.

> > are running through the log. Is there anyone else using an av7110
> > card and a hyperthreading/SMP 2.6 kernel ? it seems that this
> > driver definitely isn't capable of doing a correct job in SMP
> > systems...:(
> I'm doing some code review and some thinking. There must be
> a locking or logical bug in av7110.c debiirq() vs. gpioirq()
> wrt to SMP.

I read about an nmi-watchdog in the documentation of the kernel.
Maybe I can find more information regarding the hard lockup of the
machine when I switch this feature on. I've never done this before
(virtually I never planned to go that deep in the linux kernel *sigh*)
so please be patient until I can give you more informations.

Mermgfurt,
		Udo

PS: What does DEBI and GPIO stands for ? What is the purpose of those
    terms ?

--
Udo Wolter                      |  /"\
email:    uwp@dicke-aersche.de  |  \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN