[linux-dvb] Problems fetching multiple channels from the same dvb stream

Hello!

I have Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T DVB-T PCI card and am using dvbd-0.7.2 and
linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 and kernel 2.4.26 (SMP, hyperthreading P4@3GHz).

At first I thought that everything is working fine but suddenly something
failed while saving two channels from the same stream at the same time. I
had tested that before and it is mostly working, but I can reproduce the
problem easily be trying to save three channels simultaneously. The first
two channels started to save work fine but the third one after those seems
to fail every time and no data is saved on disk. In dmesg, the following
lines are output:

---8<---8<---
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
saa7146_core: found saa7146 @ mem f893ac00 (revision 1, irq 22)
(0x13c2,0x1011).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
tda1004x: Detected Philips TDA10045H.
tda1004x: Detected Philips TD1316 tuner.
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Philips TDA10045H)...
TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:22:18:05
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 00:1f.5 to 64
intel8x0_measure_ac97_clock: measured 49944 usecs
intel8x0: clocking to 48000
dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
---8<---8<---

The last two lines are repeated every time I retry saving the third
channel. I guess the problem might be in the linuxtv-dvb, not in dvbd...?
Any suggestions? I didn't find any newer CVS snapshot in the homepages
so I couldn't try those. I tried google and searching the mailing list,
there were similar symptoms but they didn't seem to be caused from the
same reason, or at least it was not obvious.

Otherwise the system seems to work quite perfectly, even though the tools
I'm using are far from being too user-friendly, at least not for dummies.
;-)

Best Regards,
Kimmo Mustonen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index