[linux-dvb] Re: No /dev/dvb entries with WinTV NEXUS-S under Kernel 2.6.6

On Thursday 03 Jun 2004 11:31, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le jeudi 3 Juin 2004 12:03, Andrew de Quincey a écrit :
> > > I don't think I've ever seen hotplug do that, or even kudzu for that
> > > matter. I can image kudzu creating /dev entries, - but removing them?
> > > That's a little dangerious. Maybe someone else can confirm.
> >
> > Could it be udev maybe? I don't think the drivers support udev (yet)...
>
> Dear Andrew,
>
> udev seems to be installed by defaut when using Hotplug under Debian SID.
> Now, I am quite lost as I do not know whether to look for a firmware
> problem or to twick /etc/udev rules. I cannot find any udev howto.
>
> Any idea to make this WinTV Nexus-S card work under Kernel 2.6.6?

Unfortunately I've not really looked into udev yet for precisely this reason -
not everything is supported (I'm still using devfs myself). Also, I don't
have a Nexus-S card.

Could you maybe get away with just running the create dvb devices script on
bootup in the meantime?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index