[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge NOVA-T and unresolved symbols under gentoo

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:45:41PM +0100, Jim Darby wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 10:22, Stephen Kirkby wrote:
> > This does cheers - the search for the two missing devices can end! Ill
> > try kaxtv, but do you know if the budget Nova-T (i.e. without audio0 and
> > video0) can be used by MythTV?
>
> I'm not sure. I have a feeling it might be able to. I've never used
> MythTV so I'm not sure. Ahhh, I just had a look at mythtv-0.12 and it
> doesn't appear to support DVB. It's entirely possible I'm missing
> something though. It also seems to require loads of other software,
> MySQL for example....

I missed Stephen's original post. The answer is a resounding YES, you
can use MythTV with budget cards. I have two in my system.

You need at least MythTV 0.14 for DVB support. 0.15.1 is just out.

It does require MySQL and Qt, some codec libraries and so on. There are
packages available for many distributions.

Hamish