[linux-dvb] Re: DEC 2000-t / 3000s Hangs up - Why?

Are you using redhat and have compiled your own kernel and used one of the
.config files from the redhat customized kernel?

If so, you will have configuration options set to for example module when
that is not a valid choice.
This happened to me with the evdev module and if I remember correctly the
crypto stuff and crc.

I fixed this by unselecting the kernel option and then tried to select it
again.
When I did this with the crypto stuff a lot more options showed up that was
not there before.

This solved my modprobe problems and depmod no longer complains about
missing symbols.

linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:
>  > I have exactly the same problem with the DEC 2000-t. After
>  switching the > channel a few times the device freezes and no more
> data is sent.
>
> It must be a driver bug. Also the insmod.sh script should include a
> modprobe crc32 !
>

>  > Thus, I am not a big help, but I have done some tests
> which might be of
>  > interest. The problem is reproducible with:
>  >
>  >    Kernel module version:   2.4.22, 2.6.5, 2.6.6, CVS Linux DVB
>  >    Driver firmware version: 2.15a, 2.16, 2.17
>  >    Software:                xine, mythtv
>
> My Kernelversion is: 2.4.26
> Driver firmware:     2.17
> DEC 2000-t Firmware: 1.11d
> Software:            xine