[linux-dvb] Where is the PCR?

I am observing some strange behavior with certain DVB channels.
Tuning in 11954 MHz horizontal on Astra 1H, I try to watch the channel
"EuroNews", as of this writing using PMT pid 1034 (0x40a), video pid
2221 (0x8ad), audio pid 2233 (0x8b9) and PCR pid equal to video pid.
In other words, a quite regular looking channel.  The problem is that
the PID listed in the PMT as containing the PCR values does not carry
any PCR values.  This makes many applications very unhappy with the
stream.

Does anyone know what's going on here?  Are the PCR values stored
elsewhere for some reason?  How can I find them?  I have checked all
the PIDs on that frequency, and none of them contain a suitable PCR
for this channel.

I have seen the same problem on several scrambled channels from Canal
Digital as well.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would be thankful.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@pronto.tv

Home | Main Index | Thread Index