[linux-dvb] skystar2 problems ? video datastream broken/streamdev not working

Hi!

I have a two card setup here. The first card is a FSC TT Premium Rev 1.3, the
second a skystar 2 2.6b card. I don't know if this is a driver issue or
related to a two card setup, as i have seen other that seems to have the same
problem too with a nova as second card, otherwise there are too people that
have this in a skystar2 only setup.

Problem:
After having the drivers running for a while, the second card seems to not
deliver any video anymore. This gives the well known video datastream broken
error, which causes then vdr to stop and reload the driver, after that it is
working again. The same occurs if vdr + streamdev is used. After a while
without streaming, no video is delivered anymore, mplayer tries to buffer and
does not get one byte to buffer from streamdev-server. This both are related.
If one of both works, both works. I have tried to lower the number of modules
that get reloaded and tracked it down, that it is enough to reload the
skystar2 module to fix this issue. Another test i done was if this is related
to the time the driver is running or not. I can tell that it is not related.
I had streamed a radiostation now for 28h without problems, so this is not
the problem.

For a not so knowledgable person like me i would suspect:
#1: the driver goes somehow in a sleep mode and does not wake up properly
#2: vdr starts epg scan after a while on a not used card and this lets the
card go mad somehow, so that the driver doesn't work anymore as it should.

I knoiw that this problem is a long standing problem (it was discussed more
then one time over the past months on vdrportal for instance), but i haven't
seen any solution until now. Was there a solution for this allready ? If not,
what can i provide to help to debug it ? Its quite annoying that because of
that pause mode of vdr isn't working and a recording restarts vdr everytime.

Since driver reload cures the problem this seems to be for sure a driver
problem. Seen on kernel 2.4 with dvb-kernel in more then one version and on
kernel 2.6 (2.6.3-13mdk)

Any help would be welcome ...

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index