[linux-dvb] Re: skystar2 problems ? video datastream broken/streamdev not working

> Hi!
>
> I have a two card setup here. The first card is a FSC TT Premium Rev 1.3,
the
> second a skystar 2 2.6b card. I don't know if this is a driver issue or
> related to a two card setup, as i have seen other that seems to have the
same
> problem too with a nova as second card, otherwise there are too people
that
> have this in a skystar2 only setup.
>
> Problem:
> After having the drivers running for a while, the second card seems to not
> deliver any video anymore. This gives the well known video datastream
broken
> error, which causes then vdr to stop and reload the driver, after that it
is
> working again. The same occurs if vdr + streamdev is used. After a while
> without streaming, no video is delivered anymore, mplayer tries to buffer
and
> does not get one byte to buffer from streamdev-server. This both are
related.
> If one of both works, both works. I have tried to lower the number of
modules
> that get reloaded and tracked it down, that it is enough to reload the
> skystar2 module to fix this issue. Another test i done was if this is
related
> to the time the driver is running or not. I can tell that it is not
related.
> I had streamed a radiostation now for 28h without problems, so this is not
> the problem.
>
> For a not so knowledgable person like me i would suspect:
> #1: the driver goes somehow in a sleep mode and does not wake up properly
> #2: vdr starts epg scan after a while on a not used card and this lets the
> card go mad somehow, so that the driver doesn't work anymore as it should.
[...]

Hi,

iīm one of the others with the same problem with a new Nova (using the
budget-ci driver).
I have the same problem with both cards (TT budget & SS2) and i have done
some (very little) tests around this.

#1 The driver does not got to sleep....the frontend deliver the right
voltage value for the current polarisation, and the frontend driver seems to
tune as aspected (tunig with vdr and szap works). But, without delivering
usefull data...

#2 on my setup i can use the SS2 for around 2-3h for egp-scanning in vdr
before the card goes into an unusable state...the TT budget run up to 24h.

First i have think about an buggy stv0299 driver (my SS2 and TT budget share
the same driver), but tuning seems to work, so i now think the problem
caused by some of the dvb_core stuff, like the dmx or demux drivers, because
we have different card dependend drivers, and i donīt think the different
drivers will sharing the same "bugs". And remember, the FF cards go
sometimes in a same way mad on some setups....

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index