[linux-dvb] Re: saa7146 and teletext (vbi)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there is no VBI in digital
television. There is a way to encapsulate the VBI _data_ in a DVB stream,
see ETSI EN 301 775 and ETSI EN 300 472.

But that VBI data must be filtered by the MPEG-2 demultiplexer, and I'm not
sure if the Linux MPEG-2 demux is actually providing /devs for the PIDs it
filters?

So if you were looking for a way to connect a "waveform decoder" to a "raw"
VBI output, that's not the way DVB works. You already get the decoded
waveforms (i.e. the decoded Teletext lines) in the data stream, and all you
have to do is retrieve that data and directly feed it into a Teletext
"renderer".

FWIW, you can also get VPS and WSS from some German DVB services.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net