[linux-dvb] Re: skystar2 problems ? video datastream broken/streamdev not working

On Sunday 20 June 2004 14:30, Andreas Share wrote:

> Hi,
>
> iīm one of the others with the same problem with a new Nova (using the
> budget-ci driver).
> I have the same problem with both cards (TT budget & SS2) and i have done
> some (very little) tests around this.
>
> #1 The driver does not got to sleep....the frontend deliver the right
> voltage value for the current polarisation, and the frontend driver seems
> to tune as aspected (tunig with vdr and szap works). But, without
> delivering usefull data...
>
> #2 on my setup i can use the SS2 for around 2-3h for egp-scanning in vdr
> before the card goes into an unusable state...the TT budget run up to 24h.
>
> First i have think about an buggy stv0299 driver (my SS2 and TT budget
> share the same driver), but tuning seems to work, so i now think the
> problem caused by some of the dvb_core stuff, like the dmx or demux
> drivers, because we have different card dependend drivers, and i donīt
> think the different drivers will sharing the same "bugs". And remember, the
> FF cards go sometimes in a same way mad on some setups....

So the problem is not related to the skystar2 driver, but is at 95% related to
2 card setups (I didn't had this while i had only the FSC Rev 1.3). I will
try now with EPG scan disabled. Hope this is of any use for some of the
driver developers.

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index