[linux-dvb] Re: Where is the PCR?

Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> writes:

> Måns Rullgård wrote:
>> I am observing some strange behavior with certain DVB channels.
>> Tuning in 11954 MHz horizontal on Astra 1H, I try to watch the channel
>> "EuroNews", as of this writing using PMT pid 1034 (0x40a), video pid
>> 2221 (0x8ad), audio pid 2233 (0x8b9) and PCR pid equal to video pid.
>> In other words, a quite regular looking channel.  The problem is that
>> the PID listed in the PMT as containing the PCR values does not carry
>> any PCR values.  This makes many applications very unhappy with the
>> stream.
>>
>> Does anyone know what's going on here?  Are the PCR values stored
>> elsewhere for some reason?  How can I find them?  I have checked all
>> the PIDs on that frequency, and none of them contain a suitable PCR
>> for this channel.
>>
>> I have seen the same problem on several scrambled channels from Canal
>> Digital as well.
>>
>> If someone could point me in the right direction I would be thankful.
>
> The PCR values are there where they should be, on PID 0x8ad.
> What makes you think they are not?

The simple fact that none of the TS packets have the PCR flag set in
the adaptation field.  Is there another method of encoding the PCR
that I am not aware of?  A small sample of what I am receiving is at
http://mru.ath.cx/~mru/samples/euronews.ts.  If anyone can find a PCR
value in that sample I'd be thankful to know how it was done.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@pronto.tv

Home | Main Index | Thread Index