[linux-dvb] How can I work it out?

Hi there!

I've been using DVBs for a while for data transfer
(download). In many cases it was a B2C2 board (rev
2.3), and I used it with the install_base drivers
stolen from b2c2 site (I didnt! I just found them on
an russian site). Anyway, there were problems too,
like the board randomly didnt receive any traffic no
more. The only solution I found was to unload all the
modules, and load them back again.

I moved on to a newer kernel and to a newer rev of the
board (2.6C) and the old modules still forced to load
made the kernel to freak out... sorry.. to panic :P
That's why I said: Lets give LinuxTV a try! After a
few weeks I figured out a method to use the modules.
THIS IS MY FIRST BUG FOUND: NO DOCUMENTATION! Look
what I am doing:

- load the modules like in the insmod.sh example (and
use dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 to dvb-core)
- use szap to tune to the right frequency (it says
lock; I use szap from dvb-apps with -x)
- use dvbnet from dvb-apps to setup wach interface to
a pid (now i am using 3 pids => dvb0_[0-2])
- use ifconfig to bring up the interfaces and set the
mac (i use different ip's for each dvb0_x interface)

On 2.4.26 everything works OK, except for unloading
the modules. When stoping the dvb I found out that I
have to release the if, so I an using 'ifconfig dvb0_x
down'; it hangs on the last interface, no matter how
many interfaces i have; a cntrl-c solved the problem,
so i put ifconfig to background and i killed it after
3 seconds; next the dvbnet hangs. Everything was in
vain?
Why do I have to unload the modules? The board is not
responding anymore, it hangs at different random
periods of time. Not even tcpdump is seeing anything
on the poor interface :( Any other ideea?

On 2.6.[5-7] I have different problems: the first pid
is ok to setup working, the second hangs at either
dvbnet or ifconfig. Still on 2.6.7 is not hanging, but
the there is no traffic catched, even the boards is
tunning perfectly!

Any ideeas? Do I need some patches to the kernel?

I am using a Dual CPU P2 box from Compaq (Professional
Workstaion AP-400 if I remember - THE BOX IS REMOTE I
"see" it about once a week or two), a weekly updated
Sorcerer, so no vanilla flavours are used. A clean
system I say! Dvb-kernel and apps are from CVS; the
relese is god damn old! The way I am building the
modules is: cd build-2.6 && make OR cd build-2.4 &&
make
I am aware of the branch split of the 2.4 and 2.6.

Please tell me how can I help U guys! I have some
background in debugging, (some) C/C++ style.

Best regards,
EdNiGMA