[linux-dvb] KNC1 and clones Common Interface

Hi,

I've done some more probing on my Typhoon CI today, and I have found that:

Remark: gpio 0 is hardwired to the saa7113 interface.

CAM detection can be performed by:
	- lovering gpio 1-3
	- setting gpio 3 to input
	- small delay
	- checking if gpio 3 is high
	   (actually both gpio 2 and 3 go hi)

Reading the attribute memory of the CAM is done by:
	- setting gpio 2-3 low
	- setting gpio 1 high
	- read data

This has the strange effect of repeating the CI attribute memory every 0x200
bytes, any other gpio setting gives zero, so it makes me think that they
might have used the audio_a interface for addressing, as the audio_b interface
is connected to the frontend, but the audio_a interface is shared between the
saa7113 (not present here) and the ci interface. I have yet to test this
theory, but I will soon, what stumps me however is why the heck would the
attribute space be presented when the audio_a interface is not yet even
programmed?

Hope you get a clear picture of where I stand as of right now, and that you
trow any ideas however crazy they might be, I'll test!!

Regards,
Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index