[linux-dvb] Re: Two DVB-cards, change order?

Marcus Johansson wrote:

> I've got two DVB cards in my computer, one DVB-C and one DVB-T. When I
> do "make insmod" the DVB-T card becomes card 0 and the DVB-C card 1. I
> would like to change this... Sure I can switch places on the PCI-bus,
> but in my case it's impossible since the DVB-C card is too big to fit
> anywhere else. So is there any way to do this? I've been poking around
> the drivers, that's why the dmesg below probably looks a bit strange,
> but I haven't found a good way to do it. I managed, but my kernel module
> programming skills aren't very good so when I did rmmod the modules
> didn't want to go away, erhm.

Probably the best thing to do is to change dvbdev_get_free_adapter_num()
to deal out number 1 first, number 0 second. If you cook up a patch which adds
a module parameter like "adapter_numbering=1,0,2,3" I would add
it to CVS.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index