[linux-dvb] Re: Vdr "video data stream broken"

On Thursday 08 July 2004 16:34, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> On Thursday 08 July 2004 15:29, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Does klaus know about this ? Can something changed inside vdr to avoid
> > this ? This is what i understood from what you have said :D, am I right ?
> > I have this problem since months no matter which vdr version and this
> > sucks.
>
> From memory, Klaus is very aware of this, but there's precious little he
> can do.
>
> Indeed, the tenure of his argument (which I agree with) is "why should a
> userspace application fix a driver bug?"
>
> If the card is not performing as the API specifies, then the driver is
> broken.

Ok, then please someone fix the driver :D I though that vdr sets first the
filter and then tunes and i thought that this is not the right way (get the
data(set the filter) once it is tuned would be right) I may oversimplify
things, but i don't want to live with such things anymore. There have to be a
way to fix this, be it in vdr or dvb it really doesn't matter. If there is a
patch for vdr out then i will try it, the only thing i know is that i want to
get rid of this bug

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index