[linux-dvb] Re: Vdr "video data stream broken"

> On Thursday 08 July 2004 16:34, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 July 2004 15:29, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > > Does klaus know about this ? Can something changed inside vdr to avoid
> > > this ? This is what i understood from what you have said :D, am I
right ?
> > > I have this problem since months no matter which vdr version and this
> > > sucks.
> >
> > From memory, Klaus is very aware of this, but there's precious little he
> > can do.
> >
> > Indeed, the tenure of his argument (which I agree with) is "why should a
> > userspace application fix a driver bug?"
> >
> > If the card is not performing as the API specifies, then the driver is
> > broken.
>
> Ok, then please someone fix the driver :D I though that vdr sets first the
> filter and then tunes and i thought that this is not the right way (get
the
> data(set the filter) once it is tuned would be right) I may oversimplify
> things, but i don't want to live with such things anymore. There have to
be a
> way to fix this, be it in vdr or dvb it really doesn't matter. If there is
> patch for vdr out then i will try it, the only thing i know is that i want
> get rid of this bug

No, vdr doing tunign in the right way, but the tuning stuff and the demux
stuff have different "runtimes", so the driver setup the filters befor final
tune to the new channel.

I also think the right place to fix this is the driver, but i could live
with a workaround in vdr if this is possible. At the moment i could not
understand why some people have this problems (and with different cards and
pc´s!), and some people have no problems at all.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index