[linux-dvb] Re: Vdr "video data stream broken"

> On Friday 09 July 2004 10:11, Andreas Share wrote:
> > > Can we say that everytime the stv0299 is involved ?
> > > Steffen
> >
> > No, because older skystar2 rev 2.3 with mt312 also involved.
> > Andreas
>
> I have both cards and my impression is, that the nova/stv0229 triggers
this
> bug more often than the skystar2/mt312. May be because it has no hardware
> filters?

Hmm, my skystar2 rev 2.6c/stv0299 dies within 2-3h, but my nova (like
budget-ci) and my ff rev 1.5 sometimes run for ~12h...

i have seen the skystar2 irq_handler calls dvb_dmx_swfilter_packets() more
often than the other cards

if (adapter->capturing != 0) {
   dvb_dmx_swfilter_packets(dvbdmx, pb_dma_buf_cur_pos,
dw_default_packet_size / 188);
  }

at: "u32 dw_default_packet_size = 188;"

so i think every call deliver one packet.

The nova and ff cards seems to deliver more than one packet per call.

> My guess is that the bug is in dvb-core.c. I have no prove yet, but
sometimes
> I get OOPSes in this module and can not rmmod it anymore.

Agree

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index