[linux-dvb] Re: Do dvb drivers support Nagravision CA?

	Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Do dvb drivers support Nagravision CA?
	Date: Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:34:02PM +0200

Quoting Kenneth Aafløy (lists@kenneth.aafloy.net):

> Be aware of budget cards that have CI interface on them, as it's in early
> development (and only nova cards is supported?), and not as stable as the
> Nexus-S, but a lot cheaper if you are willing to take a chance and join
> development of the budget-ci driver.

To offer you one more data point, I have been happily using a Nova CI
for a project, with an Aston CAM and a subscription to the Dutch
Canaal Digitaal. I had experienced a *much worse* ability of the more
expensive Nexus cards to extract signals that are weak because of the
usage of a long cable to the dish. The CAM handling driver for the
Nova works quite well.

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido@fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe