[linux-dvb] Many frontend and demux DVB devices in Linux DVB

	Hi all!

 In "Linux DVB API Version 3" dated for 24/07/2003 we can read:

1. "The DVB frontend device controls the tuner and DVB demodulator
hardware. It can be accessed through /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0." [Page
5]

2. "The DVB demux device controls the filters of the DVB
hardware/software. It can be accessed through /dev/adapter0/demux0." [Page
21]

Does this means that the API always accesses devices with number 0 (for
example /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 or /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 ) at
adapter0? Does the DVB drvier for Linux allows for access to other devices
than those with number 0? If it allows how we can access them? I am
using TwinHan Satellite card at Fedora Core 2 system (stock kernel for
this moment). I loaded following modules:
 $ modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
 $ modprobe dvb-bt8xx
 $ modprobe dst
and created following devices:
 /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0     (250,0)
 /dev/dvb/adapter0/audio0     (250,1)
 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0  (250,3)
 /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0     (250,4)
 /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0       (250,5)
 /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0        (250,6)
 /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0       (250,7)
 /dev/dvb/adapter0/osd0       (250,8)
and also devices for frontend1 (250,12) and demux1 (250,13). Szapping from
frontend0 and demux0 works fine, but I can not access frontend1 and
demux1. This Twinhan card allows for simultanously watching one channel
and recording another one (this was check under Windows), but I can't get
this functionality under Linux. Maybe I am giving bad modules options?
Apropos where can I find description of options for this modules? Or maybe
I created wrong devices? The Linux kernel documentation
(/usr/src/linux/Documentation/dvb/devices.txt, line number 2834 for FC2
stock kernel package) says that LinuxTV.org DVB driver subsystem has the
major device number 212, not 250 as written in linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1
package README file.
 May anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

 Regards,

					Lukasz