[linux-dvb] Re: DVB with dvb-subtitles to .vob (with subtitles)

hi Tomi,

if you want good freeware MPEG2 cutters that don't need any re-encoding, then may I recommend the following:

MPEG2Schnitt (German web site, but the program is easy enough to figure out what's what).
http://www.mdienert.de/mpeg2schnitt/

Cuttermaran (my personal favourite for windows editing, cuts on I/B/P frames accurately).
http://cuttermaran.movie2digital.de/

Otherwise that's pretty much what the majority of (windows) users do for editing DVB-T recordings.

1. demux using ProjectX
2. cut using MPEG2schintt or Cuttermaran
3. remux using your favourite program (I like MPLEX1.EXE for Windows)
4. burn to DVD and use IFOedit to set the P&S flag if your recorded show is 4:3 aspect ratio (all digital TV in Australia is shown at 16:9, even if the source is 4:3 (so we get black columns at each side) and we have to set the P&S flag to display correctly).

Regards,

Craig