[linux-dvb] Re: New ioctl OSD_GET_CAPABILITY/OSD_CAP_MEMSIZE

On Monday 19 July 2004 00:19, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to add a function to determine the size of OSD memory.
> > If nobody complains I will add this to DVB and dvb-kernel CVS.
>
> Why do people still use "DVB" CVS? Or did you mean the 2.4 branch
> of dvb-kernel?

No, I mean
- DVB
- dvb-kernel for 2.4, and
- dvb-kernel.

Imho the old DVB driver is still widely used because
- dvb-kernel does not compile with older 2.4.x kernels.
- people do not know that dvb-kernel works with 2.4 kernels.
- there were big problems using the 1.1.1 driver.

Anyway, I'm using the 2.4 branch of dvb-kernel without any problems.
I always recommend to use dvb-kernel.

Kernel 2.6 isn't an option for _me_ because performance of the ext3 fs
is significantly worse than with kernel 2.4 (at least on my vdr).

> Anyway, I don't care about that patch. IOW: Feel free to commit.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, I knew that you would say this. :)

Comitted to CVS.

> > Any comments?
>
> Out of curiosity: How many of those 4MB cards do exist now?

There are more than 20 modified boards, according to threads at
vdr-portal. I don't know how many boards have been upgraded by
commercial modders or by people who stayed silent.
Maybe I should start a poll at vdr-portal.

CU
Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index