[linux-dvb] Re: New ioctl OSD_GET_CAPABILITY/OSD_CAP_MEMSIZE

Hello Johannes,

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:19:57 +0200
Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> wrote:

  | Why do people still use "DVB" CVS?

At least for me, because this is what makes my VDR system work ( one full featured TT DVB-S Rev 1.3)
in the  most reliable and stable way. ( 20031108 drivers with 2.4.27-rc3 kernel / VDR 1.3.11)

I was at least able to reproduce a very nasty bug, with either latest CVS of dvb-kernel (for 2.4.x),
or built in 2.6.7 drivers and VDR-1.3.11

VDR automatically switches channels every 10 to 15 seconds back and forth, or the same channel blanks out for 1 second
every 10/15 seconds.

I didn't report the bug yet because lack of time and as another setup would work just fine. Also after trying
several 1.2.x/1.3.x VDR version with different DVB drivers ( 2.4 and 2.6 kernels), i couldn't still figure out if
the problem was only DVB drivers related or only VDR related or a mix of both.

I have more time now to debug this, so i'll hopefully post a bug report here and on VDR Mailing List as well and will
be willing to test out patches and various dvb drivers / VDR versions.

Thanks,

Philippe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index