[linux-dvb] Re: New ioctl OSD_GET_CAPABILITY/OSD_CAP_MEMSIZE

Philippe Gramoullé wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:19:57 +0200
> Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> wrote:
>
>   | Why do people still use "DVB" CVS?
>
> At least for me, because this is what makes my VDR system work ( one
> full featured TT DVB-S Rev 1.3) in the  most reliable and stable way.
> ( 20031108 drivers with 2.4.27-rc3 kernel / VDR 1.3.11)
>
> I was at least able to reproduce a very nasty bug, with either latest
> CVS of dvb-kernel (for 2.4.x), or built in 2.6.7 drivers and
> VDR-1.3.11
>
> VDR automatically switches channels every 10 to 15 seconds back and
> forth, or the same channel blanks out for 1 second every 10/15
> seconds.

Well, you could find out if it is VDR's fault by placing a
printf() (or isyslog()) into dvbdevice.c:cDvbTuner::SetFrontend().

But I guess it's a frontend problem specific to your site. Maybe
your LNB has a large frequency offset? You could try to play with
the lof numbers in diseqc.conf to compensate.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index