[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T scanning problem

John Murdoch wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:18:36 +0200, Robert Schlabbach wrote:

From: "David Bull"

# Sudbury
# T freq bw fec_hi fec_lo mod transmission-mode guard-interval hierarchy
T 850000000 8MHz 2/3 NONE QAM64 2k 1/32 NONE

Transmitters in the UK use +/- 1/6 MHz offsets. Unfortunately, the offset
information is hard to come by. So you'll have to try out

849833333
850166667

one of thouse should work...

Going by this document, there is no offset required on Mux #2 (Ch68):

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/dtt_pocket_guide_2-8.pdf

Personally, I use Mux #1 for scanning initially, as it tends to have better signal quality (since it is used for carrying Freeview box software updates). Mux #2 tends to break up in bad weather for me.

John

Am I correct in thinking that the "tuning failed" errors do not have
anything to do with not being able to receive a signal, or do they?
I have had the card working in a Windows 98 box, but it was a while ago.
From what I remember I think I got a slightly stronger signal from
channel 68.

- David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index