[linux-dvb] Re: ATTENTION PLEASE: The DVB major device number has changed

> >>The new offical major number is 212. I've changed the sources
> >>for dvb-kernel (dvbdev.h and MAKEDEV-DVB.sh). People who
> >>don't use devfs will have to recreate their devices.
> >

> > Argh, this will cause a lot of trouble!!!

So, in order to fix this, all we have to do is unload the dvb modules,
re-run the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script, fix modules.conf/modprobe.conf to use
(Nexus-S example):

- alias char-major-250 dvb-ttpci
+ alias char-major-212 dvb-ttpci

Then run (in some cases) update-modules.

That seems to fix it for me..
Thanks.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index