[linux-dvb] Re: Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C Card supported? [SOLVED]

Ralph Metzler schrieb:

Since the code is out now not much can be done to undo it.
I agree with releasing it with proper copyright attribution (mine and
yours for the adaptation to the Convergence tree).
But we put effort in it not containing Convergence code and I would
like to keep it that way.
We should not copy their strange frontend registration code anyway. De/Registration belongs into the callbacks if you do not want
the oopses you noticed.

Okay thanks, sounds great.
At the moment i'm port a ves1820.c from kernel 2.6.8 source to work with tda10021.
This version seems to have the proper frontend registration code if i understand aright?

The card also belongs in the knc driver (or budget_av as Convergence
calls it). They just messed up the GPIO 0 settings.
Newer KNC cards (developed after beginning of 2003 or so) put the
tuner and CI into reset if GPIO 0 is high. At the same time it activates the analog input (SAA7113, not present on all cards).

ok. i've previously used the budget.c cause budget-av was described as dvb card with analog video inputs and my card doesn't have such one.

If this new version works you will first get a copy to look at it.

Markus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index