[linux-dvb] Re: Scrambled DVB-T channels (Sweden)

On Monday 04 Oct 2004 15:32, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 15:22 +0100, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > On Monday 04 Oct 2004 14:58, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> > > What about the Technotrend boards?  Does their CI addon work with the
> > > DVB-T model?
> >
> > Its quite annoying really! The older TT budget DVB-T (tda10045 based)
> > cards have the tracks on the board for the CI interface, but they're
> > missing the components. If the components had been there, it would have
> > worked perfectly. :(
>
> Hmm, maybe a soldering job is needed then...
> http://www.infidigm.net/articles/solder/

If you want to know what they are, I can tell you the extra devices....

They're basically a few AND gates, resistors and capacitors... oh and an
IDE-style cable socket (can't remember the proper name of these).

Note however that the CI interface is NOT the one you can buy seperately for
the Nexus - the budget-ci has its own "budget" CI interface.. you can only
get it AFAIK by buying a budget-ci DVB-S with a CI interface.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index