[linux-dvb] Re: refactoring

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Holger Waechtler wrote:

yes. One more point comes to my mind: the new interface allows the dvb-core layer to map the same driver easily to different API versions, we can share the same code for v3, v4 anv v5 (where I'd like to see all status calls merging into a single ioctl...).

V4 will use (mostly) the same frontend API (with some cleanup in naming)
and the same implementation as V3. I don't see the need to invent and implement
something new.

Collecting the entire frontend status makes at once makes sense, you usually need all the infos at the same time.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index