[linux-dvb] Re: Avermedia DVB-T 771 remote. First signs oflife!

Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> writes:

> Ola Nilsson <ola@fam-nilsson.org> writes:
>
>> much all the testing I've done so far. Testing in Emacs as I write
>> this I can move up with the 8 key and down with the 2 key also (in
>> other words, those are swapped).
>
> Compare the number block on your remote control with the one on your
> keyboard.  Do you see the difference?  There is a problem when mapping
> the IR key presses to keyboard events ...
>
> What about the other keys?  Are is the mapping correct for these,
> i.e. the same as for the other avermedia dvb card?
>
>   Gerd
>
> --
> return -ENOSIG;

Here are my findings after some more testing. What should I do now?
Should I try to play around with the table in ir-kbd-gpio.c?

The keys are arranged as 4keys per row, 9 rows. 2 keys are missing,
marked with _NO_KEY_ below. Giving a total of 34 keys.

Below is a description of the text for the keys on each row, left to
right, followed by the keycode as seen with xev.

Source                No code
Teletext              No code
_NO_KEY_              _NO_KEY_
Power                 222 NoSymbol

1                     87 KP_End
2(and up)             88 KP_Down
3                     89 KP_Next
_NO_KEY_              _NO_KEY_

4(<-)                 83 KP_Left
5                     84 KP_Begin
6(->)                 85 KP_Right
Audio                 No code

7                     79 KP_Home
8(and down)           80 KP_Up
9                     81 KP_Prior
Full Screen           No code

0/Enter               90 KP_Insert
Display               No code
Loop                  229 NoSymbol
Preview               No code

Backward              152 NoSymbol
Forward               180 NoSymbol
Capture               177 NoSymbol
Mute                  160 NoSymbol

Record                177 NoSymbol
Pause                 110 Pause
Stop                  232 NoSymbol
Play                  179 NoSymbol

(Red dot)             No code
Vol -                 174 NoSymbol
Vol +                 176 NoSymbol
(Yellow Dot)/OK       Scroll lock lights up (*)

(Green dot)           No code
Channel/Page down     No code
Channel/Page up       Caps lock lights up (*)
(Blue dot)/Cancel     Num lock lights up (*)

(*) = No code, but the led mentioned lights up on my keyboard.
No code = xev reports no event when key is pressed/released.

--
/Ola Nilsson

Home | Main Index | Thread Index