[linux-dvb] Re: video4linux and dvb-kernel conflicts

Hi,

On 23.10.2004 21:53, Roger James wrote:
I am trying to build up to date linux dvb drivers against the 2.6.9 kernel. This is in order to get a new (conexant) Nova-T card working. I have been going round in circles trying to get the video4linux and dvb-kernel sources to match up.
So you have a Conexant bt878 based DVB budget card, right?

However, the very first file that fails is as follows.

365c365

< return videobuf_poll_stream(file, &fh->vbi_q, wait);

---

return videobuf_poll_stream(file,
file->private_data, &fh->vbi_q, wait);

./drivers/media/common/saa7146_hlp.c

This worries me as it shows that this file is not up to date with the kernel tree. The whole diff file is about 34k, so there are a lot of diffs!
The video4linux patches you got from bytesex.org modify the video-buf helper module. The saa7146 driver broke because some function prototypes don't match anymore.

Which probably explains why if I go ahead and run makelinks in the dvb-kernel directory I can no longer build a kernel.
Correct. The saa7146 module will be build against a non-matching video-buf module.

Sow how do I decide which versions of the files to use, and which way to merge the differences?
This is a temporary problem until I get the CVS driver in sync with latest 2.6.10-rc1 again.

I gather that this might have some bearing on the refactoring discussions that have been going on!
Nope.

Help!!!
If you don't want the dvb-ttpci driver (if you have a Conexant based card you simply can omit it) for the saa7146 full-featured cards, then simply disable it in the Makefile.

Roger
CU
Michael.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index