[linux-dvb] Re: High level CA implementation..

On Tue November 2 2004 2:17 pm, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> > > IMO, those three should be exposed. What kind of messages can you
> > > send/receive to it? Can you give an example?
> >
> > At the weekend I wrote an email about Twinhan's release of linux drivers
> > for their cards:
> >
> > In the archive of the drivers, there is a twinhan_ca.c . I had a short
> > look, it looks quite comprehensive even though I don't know much about
> > CI/CAM levels.
>
> Sorry - must have missed that mail.
>
> Anyway, I had a look, and compare it with en50221. The actual messages it
> sends (e.g. {0x07,0x40, 0x00,0x00, PCMSG_ENTER_MENU, 0x00,0x00,0xff}) are
> totally custom as well, so there's no point in an interface letting you
> send arbitrary arrays at it either.

Yes, that was what i was thinking, ie it would totally proprietory.

> I think you'll have to define a new link type, along with a new IOCTL with
> an associated structure to expose the functionality you need. I think
> you'll have to make it specifically support for the twinhan
> (CI_TYPE_TWINHAN/CI_TYPE_DST?). Although the concept of the calls it

> exposes do exist in the standard, the actual data exchanged is very
> different (greatly simplified).

What i initially started out with was migrating the code from the
manufacturer's driver to the linuxtv API as i did not have any documentation
as it is regarding the hardware.

Regards,
Manu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index