[linux-dvb] Re: Is the list of supported CAMs up-to-date?

At 18:43 05.11.2004, you wrote:

> I was just searching for more info about supported CI modules,
> but I only found the document README.tt-budget-ci (Rev. 1.6)

Note the word BUDGET in there...

> At the moment, I have two different modules here for testing (with a
> Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S + Hauppauge CI-Adapter 545):

...and that's a PREMIUM card. Totally different CI hardware. Only the
Budget-CI has known compatibility issues due to not being 100% to the CI
specified timings. I haven't heard of any compatibility issues with the
PREMIUM-CI yet.
I've seen the "budget", but it was the only document refering to CI, so I thought it will most likely be also valid for the "premium" CI.
I also remember a list with working modules on linuxtv.org in former times, but I couldn't find that one any more.

> So if one module is working, all modules should do. Or is it just the
> driver-support for the CI still being buggy???

Not only Andrew and I, but also TechnoTrend themselves tried to make the
ZetaCAM work in the Budget-CI - noone had any success.
Hm, TWINHAN claims, that the ZETACAM is working in their VisionPlus VP-1030 and VisionDTV cards.
So there is still hope, that it generally also should work in the "premium" CI.

> How can a module seem to be working, but causes these strange
> black&white picture toggles???

Hmm, the ZetaCAM violates the specifications in that it draws too much
power from the interface. Is this possibly disturbing the video output
circuits on your board...?
I can't tell, all I know is, that it seems to be working, but causing those black&white distortions.
In the meantime a friend passed by with a so called "Dragon CAM". That module also worked, but again caused those black&white toggles.

Is someone else experiencing strange problem in connection with the use of various CI modules?

If it should indeed be the case, that some modules draw too much power from the interface, is a possible solution out there?
If it's not the driver, maybe a hardware-patch?

--
Sincerely,
Master One

Home | Main Index | Thread Index