[linux-dvb] Re: TT Premium-T 1.2 problems

Jason Flynn wrote:
>> Have you tried the patch from Jürgen Peitz?
>
> I did try the patch which didn't work. Jürgen
> then sent me the entire of his alps.c and his
> firmware... Same problem.
> Thanks anyway to Jürgen :)
>
> So, back to the drawing board, I untar a new
> fresh 2.6.9 kernel and did a new CVS grab
> with all the refactored code and it all works
> now :)

Ok, did the same and low-and-behold, it works.

This lead me to a possible cause of the failure with the old code:

When I loaded sp8870 module for the first time I didn't have the needed
firmware file in place, so the module complained, but loaded.

Subsequent tuning showed the same phenomen as with the old code, so I
assume it didn't load the firmware, though there were no complaints in
syslog.

Cheers,
Juri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index