[linux-dvb] Re: FE_REFACTURING: skystar2: no data

At 18:22 10.11.2004, you wrote:

> Aha! I think I've found it. There was a very hard to spot bug in the init
> table code which meant it was missing off the last 9 registers for the
> skystar2.
> Lemme know how it goes...

You found it! Skystar2.B with stv0299 is working now.  Many thanks!

There are some issues concerning trying to unload the drivers, but these
don't belong to this thread.
Please let me know, what to do to get the working driver. I just tried to 'cvs update -dP', but that's not it.
I assume I have to set a tag before updating?

I just checked in web-cvs, the latest file-version of skystar2.c is Rev.1.48, but that file is 34 hours old.

I don't really know, if my problem has to do with that matter at all, but I can access my SkyStar2 without problem, when I use the "scan" utility from the dvb-apps package. But as soon as I try to pause a live-event in VDR, it tells:

vdr[11272]: switching device 2 to channel 1
vdr[11272]: timer 1 (1 1901-2201 '@TITLE EPISODE') start
vdr[11272]: Title: 'Get the Clip' Subtitle: '(null)'
vdr[11272]: record /avdata/vdr/@Get_the_Clip__/2004-11-10.19:01.10.01.rec
vdr[11272]: creating directory /avdata/vdr/@Get_the_Clip__/2004-11-10.19:01.10.01.rec
vdr[11272]: recording to '/avdata/vdr/@Get_the_Clip__/2004-11-10.19:01.10.01.rec/001.vdr'
vdr[11272]: ERROR: device 2 has no lock, can't attach receiver!
vdr[11272]: buffer stats: 0 (0%) used
vdr[11272]: replay (null)
rc-scripts: Failed to stop vdr.

(device 1 is a FF, device 2 is the SkyStar2)

I tried several times now, it's alwasy that no-lock-error. This is now with dvb-kernel that comes with sources 2.6.8.1

--
Sincerely,
Master One

Home | Main Index | Thread Index