[linux-dvb] Re: FE_REFACTURING: skystar2: no data

At 10:30 11.11.2004, you wrote:

> >> vdr[11272]: ERROR: device 2 has no lock, can't attach receiver!
This means that vdr could not tune to the channel; no idea why. Problem
with the multiswitch?
No.

 Some strange plugin messing up HasLock()?
No, it's plain VDR 1.3.15 with just the remote-plugin.

 Missing
or wrong entries in some config file, e.g. diseqc.conf?
No, all working (the FF card uses the same files).

You can force vdr to use only the first card with -D0.
The first card, so my FF, is working fine, also with VDR.

To check the SS2:
mplayer needs a channels.conf (or channels.conf.sat) somewhere in
its path, I guess e.g. in $HOME/.mplayer.
Is done, but with the method from the mplayer docs ("mplayer dvb://") it did not work, complaining about a missing DVB CONFIGURATION... No idea, how that method is expected to work (and no time to look further into it).

But you can also do:
In one terminal: szap -a 1 -r -n 1  (don't forget -r)
in another: mplayer -cache 4096 - < /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0
That test work on BOTH cards. I am totally confused now, it seems, my problems have indeed nothing to do with the drivers, but with VDR. No idea, what could be wrong with VDR, as there is nothing more to configure, it just can't get a lock on device 2.

So my FF card and the SkyStar2 are indeed working and delivering a picture. I guess it's time to swap over to the VDR mailing list.
Anyway, thank's for all your help.

--
Sincerely,
Master One