[linux-dvb] Re: FC3, AverMedia 771 failure (All-2.6.9-rc4.diff.gz,dvb-kernel cvs).

Hi Peter,

my avermedia 771 is running.
here is, what i did:
1. get kernel 2.6.10-rc1
2. dvb-kernel cvs 02-Nov (makelinks.sh)
3. did not work (could not load modules).
4. patch v4l using http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/2.6.10-rc1-2/All-2.6.10-rc1.diff.gz
5. works
6. change the dvb-stuff from module to yes
7. still works

and have no problems any more.
dvbscan, tzap, mplayer and xine work for dvb-zapping.

i hope there will be a time, when a vanilla-kernel supports this card without patching.

greets, robert

Hi All,

I'm trying to get my Av771 (mt352) to work on the FC3 kernel. Here's what I
tried:

FC kernel source (it claims to be 2.6.9, but it's close to rc4).
+ All-2.6.9-rc4.diff.gz (applies cleanly with a few offsets).
+ dvb-kernel cvs 14-Nov (makelinks.sh).

Compiles and modprobes just fine. The problem occurs on play-back. It plays
for 1 second, then pauses on a frame for 0.5s, then plays again. It's the
same problem I described on 2.6.10-rc1 a few weeks back.

I've got a working kernel with 2.6.9-rc2, so there was a bug introduced somewhere between rc2 and rc4 (or the bttv patches applied to it). Any
thoughts about what it could be? I suspected DMA errors, but dmesg isn't
showing any. I'm prepared to insert some extra printk's to track it down, but
I don't know this source code at all.

Thanks.
Peter.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index