[linux-dvb] Re: Any progress on TechniSat SkyStar USB Box ???

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, post wrote:

Hi,

Someone was examining that unit, so how does it look?
I started to write a driver, currently it is a very basic one. Reverse engineering overwhelmed me a little bit. I contacted the support of bbti.us (which is a subsidiary of b2c2) and ask for specs. The support told me that they will discuss it internally.

This have been 2 week ago...

Furthermore they said, there did not have been many requests from users for linux support for the usb devices. Don't know if it would make sense if every linux dvb user would start a request to bbti.

I have one of these units here for testing, but of course nothing happens when plugged in, without the correct driver...
Do you have development experiences?

BTW I don't know, if that one is USB 1.1 or 2.0, so I wonder, if it would be possible, to access a HDTV stream (AstraHD) with it.
It is USB1.1.

best regards,
Patrick.

--