[linux-dvb] Re: FC3, AverMedia 771 failure(All-2.6.9-rc4.diff.gz, dvb-kernel cvs).

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:00:26 +0100
Robert Lodahl <r.lodahl@tu-bs.de> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> my avermedia 771 is running.
> here is, what i did:
> 1. get kernel 2.6.10-rc1
> 2. dvb-kernel cvs 02-Nov (makelinks.sh)
> 3. did not work (could not load modules).
> 4. patch v4l using
> http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/2.6.10-rc1-2/All-2.6.10-rc1.diff.gz
> 5. works
> 6. change the dvb-stuff from module to yes
> 7. still works

I've already tried 10-rc1 with those patches, the same bug appears. The
only difference is I used modules, and you compiled it in statically? I
can't see why that would make a difference.

> i hope there will be a time, when a vanilla-kernel supports this card
> without patching.

Definately... Doesn't Linus like to idea of accepting current bttv/dvb-kernel?

Peter.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index