[linux-dvb] Re: Conexant DVB-T PCI Card Setup

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 12:28 +0000, Gavin Hamill wrote:

> On Friday 19 November 2004 11:18, Chris Egan wrote:

> > DVB: registering frontend 0 (CX22702 Demod Thomson 75xx PLL)...

> If you get this far, you've almost won the battle :)

> > I've run MAKEDEV-DVB.sh and the devices appear to be there (as in I see
> > stuff when I do ls /dev/dvb/adapter0/). I've tried different adapter
> > numbers (via scan -aX). How do I know which should be the correct

> Chances are you have a mixup between the major device numbers.

> If the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script created major number 250, change to 212, delete
> the /dev/dvb tree and re-run the script.

Thanks for the info, this does seem to have a been a problem. I've now
been able to scan for some channels and the output seems sensible (i can
see some channels i recognise and expect).

I've been trying to get xawtv (recent snapshot) to compile, but appear
to be having some trouble in getting the configure script to find the
relevant dvb stuff (it doesn't so dvb support is disabled). I'm running
gentoo linux, and i guessing it down to some discrepancy with the linux
headers - can anyone who uses gentoo and has compiled xawtv ok give me
any hints?

Cheers,

Chris.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index