[linux-dvb] DVB-S: Arm crash with VDR 1.3.17

 Hello,

First of all, sorry for the cross post but it looks to me like a driver/FW issue which i could
trigger with the latest VDR 1.3.17

Also, please note that the problem may also happen with previous versions/combinations of VDR/dvb-kernel, as it's the first time i try so many simultaneous recordings. I'll do some more tests shortly.

Hardware : PIII 1GHz, 1 FF technoTrend DVB-S Rev 1.3 to TV set , LIRC remote through COM1 IR receiver, no graphic card, no keyboard/mouse/monitor
Software : Debian Unstable, kernel 2.6.10-rc2, dvb-kernel from yesterday's CVS checkout, no NPTL ( running with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 anyway), DVB-S Firmware: Dr Werner Fink 0.9b , vanilla VDR 1.3.17 not patched with the vdr-1.3.14-ac3.dif patch from the test_av.tar.bz2 archive

Steps i did to get the crash:

Tuned to Pro7, hit "Record", then selected "Next Channel", then "Record" and over again , up to 4 simultaneous recordings.

My /video directory is through NFS and output was between 4.5 and 6.5 Mo/sec through the network card, no problem here i think
except maybe the increasing SpinUpDisk with each new recording.

The problem happened when i tried to stop the recordings: I hit the "Menu" button, got the list of the recordings that were going on and tried to move down the menu to stop the recordings. The response to remote "Menu" key press  was really slow several seconds after i hit the button. Then the OSD froze, the only thing i could do was to clear the OSD with "Back" and after that i guess the ARM was crashed and no further key press was working:

As i was running runvdr in a console, i hit Ctrl-c to shut VDR down ( hence the signal 2 at the end of the log )

Log file is attached

Thanks,

Philippe