[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?

Holger Waechtler wrote:
Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Since my VDR box only has a USB1 port I was wondering if the cinergyT2
would basically work with USB1, too, and just have a lower bandwidth
(which might be enough for a single A/V stream)?
it's technically possible but currently not supported, all recent PCs and MACs that are capable of running a software decoder usually have a USB2.0 port, so this was not high priority to us.
(maybe we deliver a software-update one day when we have the time and mood to care about this - ;)
(in any case you can use it as luxury IR remote control receiver for your VDR box... - ;)
Well, my VDR box already has a remote control ;-)

There is no need for my VDR to be able to run a software decoder,
because my primary DVB device is a full featured DVB-S card. So all
that would be necessary is to receive a TS of one programme from the
DVB-T USB receiver, which typically comes at a rate of 0.5MB/s - and
I would assume that a USB1 connection is able to transfer at that rate
(as you stated yourself, it's technically possible).

But of course I understand that this doesn't have high priority for
you - neither does it for me ;-)

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index