[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Stefan Lucke wrote:

I'm trying to my cinergyT2 to work with kernel 2.6.7 on an epia board.
Using ehci I got only error messages, so I tried uhci.

The cinergyT2 only works with USB2, so you need ehci_hcd. Every
USB2 controller also has a USB1.1 companios controller for
backwards compatibility, so you also need uhci_hcd or ohci_hcd.

yes, you need to load need both drivers for high-speed transfers.

Since my VDR box only has a USB1 port I was wondering if the cinergyT2
would basically work with USB1, too, and just have a lower bandwidth
(which might be enough for a single A/V stream)?

it's technically possible but currently not supported, all recent PCs and MACs that are capable of running a software decoder usually have a USB2.0 port, so this was not high priority to us.
(maybe we deliver a software-update one day when we have the time and mood to care about this - ;)
(in any case you can use it as luxury IR remote control receiver for your VDR box... - ;)
have fun,

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index