[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

My cinergyT2 works fine here (2.6.10-rc2 + current dvb-kernel CVS).

There's a bug in the cinergyT2 frontend code when prevents it from
working with VDR, though (no frontend events).

the FE_GET_EVENT ioctl was simply not implemented (I already rendered it obsolete in my mind, since GET_STATUS and GET_FRONTEND provide the same functionality...).
please try again,

Holger

I was under the impression that FE_GET_EVENT was the correct way
for an application to determine whether there is a transponder lock.
If this isn't the case, what exactly _is_ the right way to do this?

FE_READ_STATUS delivers the current lock bits, like all other FE_READ_XXX calls. Whenever poll()/select() returns one of the status bits may have changed.

FE_GET_EVENT was originally intended to deliver the pasttime history of status change events, but in talks between developers it has never been really clear for what this information should be useful, it's basically a left-over of the old Nokia-API definition.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index