[linux-dvb] Re: progress of the driver for B2C2 USB adapter

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> after my last mail about the driver for this devices, John Jurrius from
> BBTI contacted me and provided some parts of the source code of the
> windows usb driver. With the help of this code it is easier to
> write a Linux driver than to do it by reverse-engineering. Thanks a
> lot, John.
>
> Today I had a first glance on it and started to convert the code into
> a linux usb driver.
>
> How is the policy about incomplete drivers in the linux-tv cvs? I would
> like to commit it, when something is ready, so others can have a look at
> it, but probably it won't be a working driver...

Go ahead, but:

Add "depends on BROKEN" or "depends on EXPERIMENTAL" to Kconfig.
Keep it out of build-2.6/Makefile unless it compiles cleanly.
Keep it out of build-2.6/insmod.sh unless it can be loaded without
crashing the box.

Or something like that...

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index