[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan CA

Manu Abraham writes:
 > > which implement the remainder in user space.
 >
 > There is no Transport Layer.. There is only Application layer.
 > > Vendor specific
 > > ioctls for CI are bad.
 >
 > They are required in this case, if full features need be exploited. Else the
 > driver would become jut like the initial original application which Twinhan
 > had, reads from the DMA buffer in userspace in large chunks

You do not have to make it vendor specific.
We could just define a CA_CI_APP type for ca_slot_info_s
and, as I described before, exchange just application
level messages either via CA_GET/SEND_MSG or via extra ioctls for
each kind of message.
The old CA_CI type was actually meant for this because the FF cards
originally also had a similar kind of application level interface
but this never was implemented.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index