[linux-dvb] Re: budget hang after EPG scan

 >  >
 >  > That would be good to know. If you find an old snapshot without the problem, I
 >  > would be really pleased to know!
 >
 > ok.  I'll try them --- I just first removed the workaround and check
 > that the problem is still now there.  I got my first "hang" last night,
 > and now waiting for the second.

OK.  So Oct 24 at least produces the problem.

 > Btw -- I have a pre-emptible kernel now, could this be a problem?
 >
 >  > Next time it happens, could you try unloading _all_ the drivers and reloading
 >  > them... I mean including things like dvb-core. I know that reloading the
 >  > frontend/card driver doesn't help, but I'd like to know for sure that
 >  > reloading all DVB related stuff doesn't as well.
 >
 > I have done so, I checked.  The only modules I did not reload were
 > crc32 and evdev and I am not even sure if evdev is used in this setup.
 > Now also crc32 and evdev are unlaoded and reloaded.

unloading and reloading of the following modules does not solve
anything:

dvb-ttpci budget budget-core ttpci-eeprom ves1820 saa7146_vv saa7146
video-buf v4l2-common v4l1-compat dvb-core videodev crc32 evdev

I'll try next Sep 6 drivers.

yours,
		Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index